mandag den 19. februar 2024

PlayStation 5 Casemod / Paintjob

After experiencing Demon's Souls on my PlayStation 3 back in the days, I have been a huge fan of From Software and their games ever since. Even though Demon's Souls defined a whole new gaming genre, that many developers have since taken inspiration from, From Software has created a good amount of really great games before the release of Demon's Souls. Games that have some of the same depressing vibes and mystique, that we would later see in the Souls games.


I love the Souls games, and I like to modify consoles. With that in mind, I decided to mod my PlayStation 5, representing some of my best memories with From Software games over the years.

After mixing and blending some From Software wallpapers together, my mother-in-law printed the result as a vinyl sticker, which covers the front and sides of the console. I did a gold paintjob on the top / button console cover with a crackling effect, which I think matches the theme very well.






Unfortunately, I managed to make some undesired markings on the top cover, by repeatedly placing my controller there, when not using it.


Besides the modification of the case, I also added some more space to the system, with an M.2 SSD. I chose the WD_Black 1TB SSD, since it was on sale and the additional 1TB should be enough for my needs.



When installing the drive, I wondered if I should reinstall the dust cover for the M.2 slot. There are both pros and cons regarding this matter. By reinstalling the cover, it prevents dust buildup in the slot, which is a good thing. The downside to reinstalling the cover, is that the M.2 SSD gets hotter, since It's now covered up.



I chose to go for a compromise and modding the cover plate with some small ventilation holes. Before reinstalling it, I also added some Elden Ring to the mix.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar