lørdag den 6. maj 2023

Xbox Series X Paintjob


Back when I bought my Xbox Series X, I got it at a good price (used), because the previous owner had used nail polish remover (acetone) to remove some glue on the front, leaving some parts of the surface with a bit of a melted look. First I considered doing some kind of vinyl skin, like I did on my Xbox One X, but after performing a paintjob on my PlayStation 4 Pro recently, I wanted to achieve something similar on my Xbox Series X console.



I still had some of the same paint used on the PlayStation 4 Pro project, but this time around I wanted to get another finish. I was going for something like a steampunk color pallet inspired look, which is very similar to the PlayStation 4 Pro paintjob, but with some silver drybrushing added after the cobber paint, but before the clear coat. This technique highlights the edges, and gives the project a "worn" look. For the silver drybrushing, I used some paint (Citadel's Leadbelcher) that I had lying around, from when I painted Warhammer 40K miniatures years ago.




Where the PlayStation 4 Pro is easy and fast to take apart (remove 1 screw, pry / slide the rest apart), the Xbox Series X is more tricky. This time around, there were ~15 screws, 2 ribbon cables (2 different locking mechanisms), buttons that had to be covered up, and a lot more details in the surface that I had to take into account.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar